3 January 2019
Welcome to the first edition of Knidos Cookery Club of 2019. We hope you had a great festive season.
We’re kicking off the year with an easy-to-prepare squash bowl, which uses a Kabocha, or Japanese, pumpkin. It has a great taste and a fluffy texture when roasted.
We’ve filled the hollowed-out squash with rice, tomatoes, onion, spinach and pistachio nuts for a healthy, vitamin-packed lunch, dinner or supper.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- One Kabocha Squash
- One medium-sized tomato
- One small onion
- 100g spinach
- 50g shelled pistachio nuts
- 50g raisins
- 25ml olive oil
- 100g cooked rice
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- Black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and the cook the finely chopped onion over a medium heat for five minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomato, cinnamon and black pepper and cook for another five minutes.
- Now add the spinach and cook until it’s starting to wilt. Switch off the heat and stir in the rice, pistachios and raisins.
- Slice the squash in half, scoop out the seeds and then fill the halves with the rice mix. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 200c for one hour.